Thread: Gathering 2023
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023   #8
mcich7781

Default Re: Gathering 2023

First of all I appreciate all the planning and coordination that has gone into "The C4 Gathering 2023."

Though this venue is slightly closer to me in overall miles than the NCM in Bowling Green, I am on the fence, undecided on whether to attend.

Having recently been on a Hot Rod Power Tour in my ZR-1, I know I will never do that again.

After being stuck, backed up traffic in every single little town, in the heat of summer, with a manual transmission, in the cramped cockpit of my Z, I vowed to never do that again. It was way too hard on the car, and me, for that matter.

My experience from the Hot Rod Power Tour has taught me that type of event is best enjoyed in a comfortable vehicle with an automatic transmission.

Could getting to and from the Woodward Dream Cruise events be like that? Everywhere, bumper to bumper, stop and go, over and over?

Since I don't own a car trailer and tow vehicle, I may attend the Gathering in my civilian car, which I know will navigate those traffic congested, potholed city streets and interstates between my home and Troy Michigan much better than my lowered Z.

I don't really know what to think? I have never been to that local area of the country in my Z. Will I bend up another rim, or smoke my clutch?

My car is not made of eggshells, but I know for a fact the interstates between my home and the Detroit area are a battlefield. It wouldn't take much to put me in a rental car to get home.

I guess I could possibly plot a route through the back roads.

Perhaps someone could chime in on my comments with any of their experience with this event, local road, and traffic conditions to help me (and perhaps others) to decide.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
mcich7781 is offline   Reply With Quote