View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017   #2
Hog

Default Re: Your first memories of a Vette.

One of my Dads friends, Ross, had an L98/auto Corvette that he bought. I think it was a 1987 model. Ross took me for a ride, we drove at normal speed down this 2 mile straight paved road that runs through a forest area. At the store, he turned around and headed back and as we rounded a curve that entered the straightaway he nailed the throttle. He got it well over 200kph. I remember the way it pushed me back in my seat.

Another one of my Dads friends had an early C4. He told my Mom to take me for a ride in it and away we went through the same forest straight away and we stopped at the same store. Mom got out and bought a pack of smokes and came back out. There were a bunch of guys from school that were checking the car out. Well Mom gets in and fastens her seatbelts and starts the engine. Then she somehow engaged the windshield wipers and she didn't know how to shut them off. It felt like we sat there for way to long as she fumbled around trying to disengage the wipers. It felt like my face was on fire as I was blushing so hard.

So much for looking cool in a Vette.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote