View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014   #13
Schrade

Default Re: General Website Gripes

I notice sometimes pages load slower too.

I do Linux + FF browser, but still attribute most delay to end user's ISP + hardware.

But I have seen some strange behavior which can ONLY be attributed to Z servers not sync'ed with each other.

Friday, Z-Factor's windshield thread came up in GP, but tonywy's post, which resurrected it from 2011, didn't appear on the last page, on the server I was logged onto. I clicked Back button, and you could see that tonywy HAD posted.

Click Forward, and the same display came up withOUT the post. :12 - :15 later, the post came up. Same server sync'ed, or different server, I don't know.

Some web forums' pages tell which of the site's servers that you're logged onto - forums dot techguy dot org is one of them.

Savy users can help admin ID server sync problems with that.....
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote