View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018   #9
Ccmano

Default Re: Continuing angst... headers today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
I too run OBX headers and exhaust. No complaint whatsoever.
I had an opportunity to display OBX headers to SW set. They were identical except for OBX collector being about 8-10" forward (shorter runners) to compensate for fake bullet cats.
As for the OBX cat back vs. Corsa, dimensionally identical (may be even possible to mix and match components from one to the other) but internals of resonators and internals of mufflers were different - OBX being traditional perforated pipe with housing filled with sound insulation vs. OBX with helm-Holtz chambers.

Again, no complaints over OBX.

As for the steering column clearance we hear periodically, I think this is due to steering coupler location variance on steering intermediate shaft depending on the year. My 94 coupler is almost right up against the steering box and had no issue clearing the header. Earlier year cars seem to have coupler close to the middle of the intermediate shaft.
Common issue with all headers for our cars as I understand it. Had to dimple my header too. Not a big issue.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote