View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018   #3
Ccmano

Default Re: Continuing angst... headers today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
I went with OBX.....I too was going to keep my stock mufflers but went with the entire system...

I like the OBX and you can't beat the price.......A couple of HP here and there on a set of headers in my opinion are not a deal breaker....Double the price for a different system was....

Sent from my LG-TP260 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Ditto, install was straight forward. Header quality is excellent. No drone but louder than expected. Removing the stock exhaust manifolds and cats was the tricky part. While it was all off I replaced the engine mounts (both broken) and fixed a PS leak. Once the system was in and adjusted I had a local shop professionally weld the entire exhaust. That way I’m not forever having to retighten clamps. Now I’m in the process of tuning to get the most out of it. Working with Dominic on that. Amazing to see how the tuning process changes the performance as you go along. I may still install high flow cats if the smell at idle can’t be tuned out.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote