View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013   #6
rkreigh

Default Re: Twin Turbo ZR-1 musing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHanselman View Post
Well you're several years late

My TT ZR-1 is as reliable day to day as my stock car. And that's with the stock ECM. She put's down 613 rwhp at 10 psi...

no doubt! 613 from a low compression LT5 is no joke and about as much power as you can put down. I have some personal preference to the front mount turbos for simplicity, but after seeing so many great results from the rear mounts it's probably just not needed to "re engineer" a solution.

however, I wanted to put some ideas out there as I'm seeing the LSx boys doing some really innovative things with the factory manifolds on both single and twin turbo front mount systems.

Ron, any change you and Corey might be interested in the idea down the road?

for sure the Raptor is a "proven approach" that sure looks good!

please understand, not trying to steal any thunder, just putting ideas out there.

keep us posted on the Raptor Megasquirt solution. it would be fairly easy to step up the fuel system and injectors to run on E85 which would allow a "stock block" LT5 to run much higher boost without a tear down and my bet is that it would last a long time as long as you are willing to live with E85 not always being avaialbe. with the megasquirt, that becomes a "non issue" just craft a pump gas tune, lower the boost with the boost controller (manual or electronic) and reload the tune on the fly in case you can't get E85 during travel.

very exciting stuff.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote