View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024   #3
WARP TEN

Default Re: Solution for B&B Exhaust Drone?

A good solution would be to get a Corsa exhaust, and if budget constrained, you might be able to find a used one. Marc Haibeck might have one, as might others on this forum. The resonance frequencies created by the LT5 and many other engines occurs primarily at two rpm points, about 1800 and about 3400, and they manifest themselves most noticeably under light throttle application. The Corsa system (like the stock system) utilizes Helmholtz resonators to tame them both. There is one in the center resonator that deals with one of the rpm points and there are Helmholtz resonators in each of the rear mufflers to tame the other. (I forget which handles which frequency). In the early days the Corsa was the only one to really quiet resonance other than the stock system. Today I believe there are other systems that do a fairly good job of it but not sure which. Others on the forum will undoubtedly chime in. Good luck with it. But I think getting a different exhaust system than the one you have is probably the most straightforward approach. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote