Thread: Gathering 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022   #50
Jetjock

Default Re: Gathering 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandt67 View Post
Made it home okay. Thanks to Bob, Mark, and Dennis for all their work in making BG possible this year, but most of all thanks to the team led by Jim (WAZOO) that turned a nightmare into an amazing experience.
After a smooth 10 hour ride to get to BG on Wed, the car developed a serious engine problem the next morning which turned out to be two dead primary fuel injectors. On Saturday under the leadership and technical knowledge of Jim (Maryland), with team members Paul (Missouri), Steve (New Hampshire) , Charlie (Maryland), Matt (Germany), Ernie (Georgia) and myself. We were able to finally get two new fuel injectors installed under less-than-ideal working conditions. The car made the 10 hour trip back to Maryland easily. Also Thanks to all who provided support. This is what makes the ZR-1 group the best in the Corvette world !!!THANKS!!!

I've seen Gordon do this out in the parking lot during one of the Gatherings. The guy had 6 of the fuel injectors go bad on him and a guy that I knew had a complete set of injectors with him as he had attended the ZR-1 school that Gordon ran before the Gathering and he3 changed them out because he could. The injectors were perfectly ok. You had ther A Team there that day.

Roy

If I feel the need for speed,
I just think about flying the B-777.

1989 Dk Blue Coupe lost in divorce
1991 Black Coupe SOLD
1992 Black ZR-1 #423 SOLD!
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary ZR-1 #334
1995 Black ZR-1 taken by ex-wife
2002 Pewter Coupe no idea where it is
2003 50th Anniversary Corvette #No idea what number SOLD!
ZR-1 Net Registry #516
Grand Sport Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime #1468
ZR-1 Net Registry Board Secretary
Jetjock is offline   Reply With Quote