Thread: Gathering 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022   #45
Vette Guy

Default Re: Gathering 2022

One of the best Gatherings we?ve had! What a great group of people! Had the opportunity to spend time with so many neat folks and get to have fun with them. The bar was packed each night?. Quite a few late nights there. Super big thanks to Bob and Linda - they raised the bar on putting on events! Super couple I?m lucky to be on the board with (Bob). Also huge kudos to Mikey and Ray for sharing not only their driving experience with us during performance driving training, but best of all their passion. They made the track day a total experience for our first-timers and helped develop skills for those who returned to do it again. Exhilarating time on track for everyone. Another huge kudo to both Marc and Jim, who spent part of the Gathering helping others get their ZR-1s sorted out. I know Jim too long to know that he lives for this! His traveling tool kit might not be big, but has always had the right tools for every job! I had breakfast with Marc, who was excited about the opportunity to hunt down Charlie?s electrical A/C gremlin - he was really eager to solve the mystery! Made so many more friends this trip, from Dan Noble and his wife who documented the entire time for their YouTube channel, to Frank Ellis and his son Frank who I could have spent hours more talking with. Frank (dad) was a big influence in the C4 racing community, among other racing endeavors that Chevrolet supported - including testing the KOTH at all the tracks across the United States and Canada?. via the series called Corvette Challenge. The tours were a lot of fun, and Ted and Dennis turned me on to some awesome bourbons? not sure if that?s good or bad, but we had a lot of fun. Food was incredible at each stop - no disappointments?. Even the hot dog at Beech Bend taste great as a large group of us were cheering on all who drag raced that evening. Awesome to see Steve, Charlie, Marc, Mike and the FL Steve run. It was the perfect night as the track was sticky and temps were cool. All around great time - I really missed you guys!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote