View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014   #7
KILLSHOTS

Default Re: Exhaust Header "Theory" and "Practicum" Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Haven't gotten up with Daryll yet there Chris; I posted in your thread @ him after you mentioned it - haven't seen him on the boards lately.

After the FM tech said what he did about the OEM resonator, I reminded him that early Z had tighter resonator inlet than later Z; he just said, "Oh', and qualified his 'possibly', on putting it back, with no flow restriction put back.

He did say, as I knew, that the cooled gases had much less volume. He knows more exhaust tech than I do, so I couldn't debate it. And I'll LISTEN to anything, THEN judge...

But when he said C4's hatch geometry had more to do with drone / drone reduction, without pimpin' his hardware as absolute cure for the problem, I give him a little more credence.

So I'm still thinkin' on what to do here on it. More wrap in the meantime; harmonics HAS TO change with wrap, as opposed to strictly metal.

AND I'm wondering here, WRT to wrap on the last 2 20" sections, whether to wrap each individually, or wrap all the way around BOTH, together, or wrap in a figure 8, from the X-section to the diff joint split-off...

Did you get your OBX's on? And what do you have behind it? How's it sounding? And interior drone?
Yep, they're on. Coated OBX with no cats into Corsa, so it's basically straight pipes. From a sound perspective - as far as I'm concerned - it's the perfect combo. Quiet enough so that I can leave the house at 6:30am on a Saturday to go to Cars & Coffee without waking the neighbors but when I nail it, there is virtually NO sound restriction. Haven't driven it on the highway yet but being Corsa, I'm assuming there is no drone. I'm very happy with it. I do now see the value in cats, though. They would cut down on the smell and the fouling of the tailpipes a bit, and would possibly burn off some of the unburned fuel that causes the cloud behind the car on deceleration. Then again, they would cut down about 5-8 HP, too!
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote