View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022   #11
Norwegianmopar

Default Re: Hello from Germany and a request for your opinions on a ZR-1

Having imported two ZR-1's from the USA myself, our old white on red 91 and our current Admiral Blue on black 94 I will say buy the best car you can afford or find.

We had the 94 sendt to Marc Haibeck for a full tune up and service before it was shipped over to Norway, and he also fixed all the small stuff he found.

Getting a fully sorted, and in our case modded car, ready to drive would be my best advice. Pay the extra $$$ when buying and you will probably save money in the long run, not to mention the pleasure of having a problem free ownership for much longer.

We are upgrading it a little each season with new parts like suspension and other tech stuff, not because we have to but because we want it to be closer to "as new condition" as we can. Other than that it's just the annual oil and filter changes.

Yes we could surely have bought a cheaper example, but it wouldn't have been as good or reliable as the one we have.

There are several good cars offered for sale all the time by members in the ZR-1 community and I would highly recommend buying one of them, just like we did ourself.

Best of luck in your search. Your dream car is out there.20221001_130029.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

1994 ZR-1 #112 Admiral Blue/Black
Dana 4:10
Aluminum flywheel
Corsa exhaust
Watson headers
Haibeck chip
470 HP/399 RWHP

1991 ZR-1 #400 White/Red (SOLD)
Dana 4:10
Powder coated engine