View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014   #10
Dynomite

Default Re: Look what I found at the Monterey Historics this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerarm View Post
Hello, new guy here.

I remember this car. In 1987-88 I worked for a tech writing company in Southfield Mi that contracted to GM to do tech service procedure development and produce factory service manuals, bulletins and labor time studies. I was the machanic.

We developed approx 25 or 30 of the engine and powertrain service procedures on the ZR1 platform. This was the car we used to do that.
I worked on this car for almost a year and a half, dissembling, reassembling procedures like water pump, exhaust manifold, transmission, and several engine componant procedures.
We also did all the labor time studies for the flat rate schedule on this car.

What a surprise to see it, I figured it had been destroyed long ago.

An interesting fact....... the first five protoypes were badged with an "LT5" emblem on the rear facia where the ZR1 badge is.
On day a GM rep came in and I had to remove the LT5 badge from the car. I had thoughts of keeping it but he insisted he had to tack it back with him..... Some sort of legal issue. I do have a picture of it still on the car though.
Welcome.....Very Interesting the Service Procedures Development
Actually....that job sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of which some of us continue to do even today

Last edited by Dynomite; 11-24-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote