View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013   #29
Thomas ZR-1

Default Re: European tail light harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson007 View Post
Hallo Thomas ZR1,
Are the tail lights the only thing that has to be changed for a Z to pass inspection in Germany. Does the older cars still have to pass emmission test?
I live part of the year in Augsburg.
Danke,
Nelson 007
Hi Nelson

One of the best things with a corvette in Germany is: you can nearly do what you want with the car! The German inspection doesn`t know anything about corvettes. They are experts for Europian cars. But: you should be a nice guy if you have a date with the engineers at the inspection. The c4 is a 20 year old car...my car is a condition like new. My car at the inspection means everybody is astonished: What a great car! awesome sound! yes...that`s real v8 sound! Nobody realize the modifications. They can not compare it with other c4 corvettes because there are none. For sure, the relevant modification are registered in the car`s titel by special inspections over the years like Porsche brakes, Bilstein coil over suspension or the special rims and stuff like that...btw my car has the US style tail lights, I don`t like the Europian lamps...corvette flash lights has to be red!!!

Every car has to pass an emission test at the insection, that`s right...but that`s no problem if the cats are on board...btw don`t remove them from the car, it stinks horrible!

....don`t be afraid for the German inspection if your corvette is in a good condition!