View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015   #48
ZR1North

Default Re: The better looking derrière?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
I didn't like the rear at first, either. The first time I saw the rear facia painted body-color, it helped me to start getting past it. I've heard that GM is going to make this an option at some point soon. For many who don't like the rear end design, this change seems to soften the overall effect quite a bit. I've grown used to it and don't plan on painting mine.
I agree! I read an article that one of the C7 group's goals was to appeal to a new generation of Corvette enthusiast home and abroad. Interesting to note that some 30% of 2015 MY buyers are first-time Corvette owners. That's not to say some of those aren't 40-70 somethings, but the stat does seem to coincide with the number of "younger looking girls and guys" enjoying the car. What's good for Corvette is good for NCM and for all Corvette enthusiast.

I won't sell my ZR-1 for a C7, but I'll gladly add one to my garage when the opportunity presents. I expect it will become more appealing as the MYs progress - 2016 or 17 may be the tempting years!
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote