View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015   #45
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: The better looking derrière?

Try as I might, I can't seem to warm up to the C7 lines.

It is "over the top", gone to far, and lots of cross similarities with other cars, including the Camaro, and even some Japanese cars makes one wonder if it is a trend setter, or a trend follower "me too!!" design.

I'm going with "me too" taken to an extreme: a design theme on steroids, I guess. It kinda reminds me of the "Transformer" car toys that were so popular with pre-teens, some years ago.

The '63 SWC was and still IS a stunningly beautiful design; unique, elegant, and timeless beauty. I don't "feel" any of that with the C7 (yet). Maybe I'll eventually warm up to it - kind of like "Stockholm Syndrome".

I'm not surprised an Italian would be head over heals with the C7. I mean look at some of the those designs, e.g., the Lambos COUNTACH, Ferrari and so many more, equally "in your face" styling for styling sake.

Waxers and Warriors.... I'm a WARRIOR and am more impressed with performance than all that "way out there" styling that looks something right up a Grand Sport owners alley, or like a college art project or 'concept car' genned up as part of somone's final exam. And, as a WARRIOR, the rampant over heating issues (albeit on the track) of the ZO6 due to whatever engineering oversight or lack there of there was, it is a serious black eye the Powertrain boys, and the pressure is on and they had better solve iy and quick; NO BANDAIDS allowed!! (Right now, accounts of GM's willingness to buy back some irate customer's cars and replace them with other models - or the like. This is just the tip of the iceberg of a major flaw that was at least partially rooted with the bean counters.) Don't expect to see the C7 Z06 attempting to break the FIA endurance record (or even match the ZR-1, for that matter) any time soon.

Ah...sorry to crash the C7 styling group fest. But, IMO, Corvette has to have everything going for it; not just looks. In my Navy days, there was an old saying that really cut across the grain of a weapons system techs like me (among others); "Work it may, but shine it must!" The Z06's issues reminds me of that phrase...and the knot in the gut it always gave me.

Well... I guess I (we) get spoiled by the robustness of our ZR-1s and the LT5, no?

YMMV

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by Paul Workman; 07-04-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote