View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015   #43
XfireZ51

Default Re: The better looking derrière?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Eyres View Post
Wow, those pix on the previous page really tell the tale don't they? The latest and greatest doesn't look so hot compared to a real "Classic" design.

All those design elements on the C4 ZR-1, from as far back as the fifties, simply and seamlessly integrated into a gorgeous machine.
The C7 is a technological tour de force, but I'll never get used to the wrapper.

Way too "Star Wars" for this old boy.
I am a proponent of form follows function, so when I see a design that maximizes a practical element, to me there is a beauty in that.
However, IMO the Italians are unsurpassed in being able to achieve both.
The C4 is a coherent, singular design which is why I have often stated that it is the "Last designer Corvette" in the tradition of Shinoda et al.
Cafaro did a lovely job w that design and filed down many of the sharp edges from the C3 into a more fluid body. The new C7 is back to emphasizing those edges almost w a vengence. It is striking and makes an impact. I thought the C5 in particular went too far in smoothing some of the "edginess" until it was more of a blob with little in the way of character lines.
Probably why I like the C5Z the best of that gen.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote