Thread: zr1 #729 sold
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014   #13
csavaglio

Default Re: zr1 #729 sold

Yeah, as a seller, it was a huge pain and hassle, although both times, ebay refunded me all fees. I sold my '56 Merc (the one from a year and a half ago) to the second highest bidder who was a local guy. On the brighter side, ebay refunded all fees, including the list fee. The way the laws are vehicles and property don't allow ebay to have biding auctions for these items, which was ebay's explanation. They even show it in the information section for selling these things. Doesn't stop ebay from having auctions, of course.

As for a buyer, it works out great. Bid a car, if you have remorse (which ebay says is NOT a valid reason), just say the car didn't turn out to be what you thought and all is forgiven.

Anyhow, if you're still wanting that car, shoot the seller and email and try to work out a deal. The best way to go about it is to not make an offer in the first email. Just say you missed the bidding and find out if the buyer came through. As a seller, when someone makes an offer out of the blue for a car that's "sold," my first thought is it's another flaky person or scam.

C
csavaglio is offline   Reply With Quote