View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014   #11
WVZR-1

Default Re: A question about rear brake calipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Thanks for the info but it does not help..

Reason I ask if you had a picture of the E-brake mechanism, is my e-brake does not work on my 90.. so if there was a distinct difference int he arm I could check it and that could be why the brake does not work.

in the pictures they look the same, which is why I was asking if you had a comparison picture of the actual pieces.. I knew the 88 was one off on a lot of things, I did not realize the Ebrake arm was one of those things. Now I have to wonder if the rear calipers I have are 88 or if they are correct ( They have been replaced due to the set on the car not working either)

Now that the post is way off track of the OPs question..

I apologize
The cables are the same all years and if you've got them routed correctly your problem is internal to the caliper. The collar and the push rod are issues. I know one fellow that does real well with those calipers, or I should say always did when those cars saw us frequently. I doubt he's touched one for 10 or so years.

The thread may be off track but it did address the OP's question in a round about way. Buy from someone you know and know what you're buying.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote