Thread: -Solutions-
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012   #10
Dynomite

Default Phil's (Jagdpanzer) Fuel Pressure Regulator Solution

Phil's (Jagdpanzer) Fuel Pressure Regulator Solution

1990 ZR-1 #72 with the IFPR

I see no issues for long term use as I have now tested three IFPR (2-1990 and 1-1995) with over 300 operating miles. It will now be so easy to change out Delphi FPR removing failed Delphi (may never fail once installed) or change out the Dephi (for higher pressure or lower pressure Dephi) from the Modified Stock FPR Housing which take only a couple minutes (release fuel pressure in Fuel Rails first). I have installed one Prototype IFPR and two Production IFPR with the same results.....NO LEAKS and PERFECT Performance under ALL Driving Conditions.

The Delphi FP10016 is NOT modified in this Application......there are five items that come with the Delphi FP10016 (Plastic Adapter, Screen and snap ring with two additional sliders) that Phil does NOT use.

Phil has eliminated the plastic ring, the screen and the snap ring and is using the "O" rings.

See The Improved LT5 Fuel Pressure Regulator

Pulling the Plenum for most is a BIG deal and most often the Plenum is Pulled to fix a No Start Situation, an Alternator or to replace Injectors. I would say if you recondition your Starter and/or install a reconditioned Alternator or New Injectors...
then also install the Improved Fuel Pressure Regulator at the same time

Post 281 - The Improved LT5 Fuel Pressure Regulator

Post 282 Changing Out Improved Fuel Pressure Regulator (IFPR)

Last UPDATE of post 10 Feb, 2024

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-22-2024 at 09:36 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote