View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015   #46
Chris_32212

Default Re: Who has/uses a radar detector

Valentine V1 here!! Love it!! Money well Spent!!

I have put 10,000 miles on my car (all with a V1) since buying it at the end of 2007 and only have gotten one speeding ticket the night I bought the car. I had the V1 on but didn't read the manual that would have warned be about police use of "instant on" radar.

He got me for 91 in a 60 but I considered it a good lesson learned because I was slowing down from 143. lol. I haven't ever gotten the guts to go that fast again. I never shift to 4th with the intent to run hard on the street. I drive hard but I choose carefully when and where and for very short periods of time. My V1 lets me know when the coast is clear and helps point out the Speed Enforcement regulars .

I hard wired mine from the fuse box up the inside of the passenger side A pillar and across to the rear view mirror. My V1 gets hung from the windshield up high behind the mirror so Law enforcement can't see it from directly behind my car. It is also nearly impossible for them to see it when they are standing at the drivers door because the car is so low and the radar is mounted up so high to the roof. It doesn't seem to impede the ability to catch radar from behind but might impede laser from behind, I don't know. Not worried about laser much, especially if its behind me. Laser detection just gives you a few seconds advanced notice that you are already screwed.
[SIZE=1]1993 Corvette ZR-1 #137, 1990 Yellow 6speed coupe, and 1991 6speed coupe.[/SIZE]

Last edited by Chris_32212; 10-27-2015 at 12:05 AM.
Chris_32212 is offline   Reply With Quote