Thread: Mountain Run 2
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014   #50
Gunny

Default Re: Mountain Run 2

OK ... a quick "head's up" to everyone making Mountain Run 2
  • Everyone probably has a cell phone ... bring it, but realize that it won't work in some of the locations that we will be in.
  • If you have a GPS, bring that too, but, believe it or not, your GPS may get "lost" on some of the roads (all the roads are paved).
  • If you have a radar detector it will be handy to have along ... I personally don't leave home without my Valentine
  • If you have (or plan to get) an FRC radio (Walkie-Talkie), bring that, too. Walkie-Talkies are our best method of communication in the mountains. If you don't have one, let us know since some of us probably have a loaner or two. If you're planning to get one I recommend Motorola ... they've always worked best for me.

PM the following to me:
  • your email address
  • your cell phone number
I'll put an info packet together and email everyone with the final details of the Mtn Run about a week prior. I'm still fine-tuning some of the routes, etc. and watching for any road closures ... tried running part of the Blue Ridge earlier this month but the roads were closed due to weather. Hopefully we won't have any of that to deal with.

George
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote