View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014   #1
-=Jeff=-

Default Seat opinions needed (94-96 STD or Sport)

This inquiry is only regarding the 94-96 Standard and Sport seats. I know many think the best seats are 90-93, but for the purpose of this thread this again is only 94-96

So I currently have 94 Sport seats in my vette. I like them but I really want two tone, current seats are black and while I like them I would like the two tone style. the problem is I don't think the sport style stitching likes right in a two tone.

The 94 Standard seat look great to me in two tone. I would be doing black with red inserts..

The dilemma I have is with the side bolsters, I like the sport seat side Bolster depth over the standard, I also like the lumbar and adjustments.. but I prefer the Standard style. now I have modified the foam for one standard seat and have fit it to the sport frame (had to modify the sport frame too). I think for me the best set-up would be the standard seat with lower sport side bolster, however, I think there would be too high of a cost for the custom leather...

here are some pictures of the comparison between the 2 seats (oh these are not the seats in my car currently These are extras I have)

So would you pursue the custom standard with deeper bolster? modify the sport frames for the Standard seats?

If you did custom leather, who would do it? I found the 94-96 seats are leather seating surface only, sides and backing are vinyl
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote