View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009   #29
rkreigh

Default Re: carter200's CNC machining is............

how is the ride in comparison to before

I went with 400 front, and 275 back and the ride is OK, but I think the F1 supercars are the "problem"

biggest thing I ran into is lowering the car too much. not good. I think I was bottoming out the shocks as I busted a fx3 controller

I'd like to someday upgrade to a better shock and maybe lose the fx3.

more hassle than it's worth to me.

nice setup!! that's a great way to go as coil overs are expensive and you really engineered a bargain conversion

FYI, DRM grooves the shocks pretty reasonable for the snap ring. a local machine shop quoted me 200 and DRM was 15 per shock as I remember (call randy)

as for tuning, it's hard to "out engineer" the Gm engineers and the stock suspension is actually a pretty good compromize for street driving, but the coil overs definely help

there is a bit of hassle getting them on there and setup, and because I'm so lazy I wouldn't have done it again knowing what I do now, but I mostly didn't like the expense and the harsh ride. there is no doubt the car is "glued down" better and much more stable at speed around corners.

my c5 has coil overs, but rides like a cadillac in comparison

alot of that is the EMTs though, when I bolt on my "race tires" with the a molds, ride is much better.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote