View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008   #15
bobbyhi

Default Re: Jumped the gun still having stumbling issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyhi
It is one (1) bolt holding on a metal shield. Take the bolt out and remove the sensor. Put rags under the hole as a little oil will drip out. I don't know how to test. The end of the sensor should be magnetized. Try to pick something up. I used a razor blade and it would barely attach. Maybe Jeff knows how to test correctly. I replaced with a used sensor and it only stumbled at 4000 rpm once today. They are a pricey item to replace. Somewhere in the $300.00 bracket. I still don't know if this fixed my problem. I did take out the Accel coil packs and replaced with GM. Don't know if it helped or not.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Just an add to my post:

I didn't have any SES (codes) until today before I switch the cam sensor. The code was for faulty cam circuit. The stumbling occurs when gentle acceration is applied and at around 3500-4000 rpm it starts "missing". Key on or key off - still did it. The it would go away and not happen for a couple of days. Only happened when the engine was hot. Very perplexing!!
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote