View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022   #116
A1990

Default Re: Delamination Poll

Windshield project update as of 10/17/2022 from Pilkington Glass or actually Pilkington Classics. They were the producers of the original windshields for our ZR-1's. We have been working with them for several years now to reproduce a factory replacement windshield for our cars that can be ordered through your local auto glass company. We had several prototypes made and they are actually installed and in use yet today.

We were on track for production until early 2020 when COVID shut down Pilkington. Once they restarted production of any windshields ours was in the queue for late 2021. The windshields run did not pass their quality control and were scraped.

They have been constrained on the film for the ZR-1 windshield and as of this past Monday, they are awaiting to hear when they will receive their order.

I have been kept in the loop on the status, but it is moving very slowly and Pilkington Classics is as frustrated as we are. As I find out more in the coming weeks I will keep you updated here.

Keep the faith...
90 ZR-1 #2562 Atomic-Z
ZR-1 Net Registry Chairman of the Board
ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote