View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022   #110
Vette Guy

Default Re: Dyno Sheet Petition

Just to add what Dennis stated, many engines had multiple dyno sheets, separate pages of notes and other assembly information. The dyno sheets might have had 374 then 379 dyno pulls. Remember, green engines don't make as much power as ones broken-in; dyno pulls are a great way to break in an engine. That said, some engine's folders were missing much of the documentation that others had. While it may have contained only one dyno sheet showing 374, the sheet that exceeded 375 and other production notes were missing. I did speak to the former head of the MerCruiser Division, and he assured me that not one engine left the plant without reaching and/or exceeding the minimum required HP of 375 or 405 respectively, regardless of the consistency of the folders. He donated these internal documents to the NCM vs. destroying them upon termination of the program.

Now from a GM Legal standpoint, there's no doubt that they would open themselves up to legal issue and/or marketing issues should only one unhappy owner with possession of a substandard dyno sheet (even if it was not the last dyno sheet) bring suit or post throughout the internet that his/her LT5 was misrepresented by GM. They easy answer for GM is "NO", which protects them from this happening.

I do want to add that Dennis and I made sure that our LT5s were not included in the sampling of folders we viewed.

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote