View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021   #9
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Shelby Series 1 finally mounted

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper107 View Post
how do you guys get by without out of roundness when switching the factory off set? i switched mine and the vibration shook me out of my seat,way out of round. i cannot believe i am the only one, my wheels are new

When I did my swap from what they came stock (mine are new too), I marked everything to put the center back to the place when bolting it back onto the barrels. One of the wheels did require more weights than the others to spin balance after tires were mounted.

To be honest, I was not able to drive the car before or after the swap from inside to outside. For all I know there will be vibration? According to the shop that balanced them they are good to go.

I assume you rebalanced your wheels after swapping the center position? Maybe check how the wheels spin without tires if they can?t balance with tires? Maybe one of the other Shelby 1 owners from the general or technical can post their results. I know Locobob and -=Jeff=- have both played around with centers mount inside and outside the barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote