View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021   #134
WARP TEN

Default Re: On the Road Again - Purple ZR-1 Road Trip to Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman770 View Post
The previous owner said it was stock, but I'm doubtful. I haven't had much of a chance to look just yet but I'll try this week. At 75/80 mph the wind, tire and exhaust note were just too loud to really even listen to the radio. It was better/worse depending on the road. I will say that the seats after 13 hours were just amazing...no discomfort at all during the trip, which is amazing.

The exhaust note at normal cruising speeds is glorious. It really sounds like a big block to me.
C4s and most Corvettes are a bit noisy with their fiberglass construction and large tires right behind your head. A loud exhaust (or one that drones) will aggravate that. If you could post a picture of your exhaust tips we could probably tell if your exhaust is stock or not. And if you have an aftermarket exhaust without catalytic converters it will be louder than stock. I was able to mellow out the sound of both my ZR-1s and my current Z06 by installing the sound deadener Dynamat behind the seats and in the hatch area. Only a slight improvement but noticeable to me. (some folks have removed the seats and installed it throughout the cabin). On my Z06 I got my Dynamat and asked the local Best Buy's audio installation department to install it and they did it for only $100 but they really should have charged more. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote