View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021   #10
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Aaron Scott has returned to the fold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfot View Post
Talked to Aaron, he is not a big fan of the interwebs, so emails/posting is not going to happen, call him...

Here is what to expect, but keep in mind that if you make a major change like cams, any stage, the car will need a tune to get the best results. There are many factors that affect the cam's end HP number: headers, porting, exhaust, the tune, cam timing... with that said;

Stage 1 should see 25+ hp
Stage 2 should see 45+ hp
Stage 3 should see 60+ hp

This will also move the torque/hp up in the RPMs a little compared to stock, however, there is little impact on driveability with stage 1s and stage 2s. stage 3s will need more tuning to get a smooth idle/driveability.

If I read the list of mods to your ZR1 correctly, I do not see you have ported your intake/housings. Corey seems to be one of the best tuners out there. Porting is almost vital for the LT5, they like it.. a lot. Without porting, I would guess 20hp, with porting I would imagine a full 30hp. But keep in mind this is not just 30 at one spot, you will notice a much stronger pull almost everywhere.

I personally like the secondary delete, quicker throttle response, IMO.

John
Yes, Pete ported my heads and intake and I've got SW headers so it sounds like I should see 30+. Something to think about. It's kind of strange knowing my F150 Limited has more power than my ZR-1. Not reason enough to do it but a little more power is always a good thing.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote