View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021   #8
wfot

Default Re: Aaron Scott has returned to the fold

I am happy for the positive feedback on Aaron, he has good ideas and does some impressive work. He knows a lot of inside people who worked for GM/Lotus/lingenfelter and has used his knowledge to develop the his cams and engine packages.

Corvette95: Good to know that you actually had eyes on the cams. Story is that back in the day when lingenfelter was heavy into the LT5s, GM had a pallet of extra blank unground cams after they stopped LT5 production. Lingenfelter bought them straight from GM to use for his inventory. As lingenfelter moved onto the next and newest, the pallet sat there rusting in the GM crates. Aaron bought them, from Lingenfelter in the late 90s and they have been with him since then. They are unground waiting for one of the 3 lobes Aaron designed after they are induction hardened. This removes all contaminates off of the surface of the lobe. Little known fact, each set of cams ground requires an extra sacrificial cam to be able to get the induction gardening correct?

I have a set of Stage III's being ground as you read this. I expect top tier parts/craftsmanship, if there is something a miss at the Circle K, I will post that too.

John

Last edited by wfot; 01-19-2021 at 06:47 PM.
wfot is offline   Reply With Quote