View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020   #27
secondchance

Default Re: Oil Pressure Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbrv8 View Post
Here are some more pics.

Dave
Well, I had a leak on the passenger side for awhile bu it wasn?t too bad. Recently, amount of leakage got to a point where oil was collecting on the cradle and drip on to the garage floor.
Ordered a replacement sensor from Jerry?s gasket and decided to replace it yesterday. To be sure I had necessary tools and for metal assurance, drove to Phils?s (Jagdpanzer) house.
Looking at it, not much but looked like I could stick my hand in there and get it out without drastic removal of oats. Impatient as I am, I started attacking it before the motor had time to cool. Holding 27mm sensor removal socket, 3/8? drive to 1/4? adapter and a 1/4? drive ratchet (wish I had swivel head), stuck my hand in there. After fiddling for awhile, 4 burned spots on my hand and skin peeling off, got the piece out.
Getting the new piece started was a breeze with Dr. Phil?s impromptu wooden extension mated to sensor connector head. Bolting it in was much easier since I am pushing and more room in that direction.
Phil did a postmortem and interesting the failure identical to mgbrv8?s finding.
I tried to upload the image but somehow I can?t convert to jpg.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote