View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018   #52
rkreigh

Default Re: New Owners/National list of Z Shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
The WAZOO LT5 certifying process straight forward and starts with a critical evaluation of a candidate’s skills on the BBQ grille. Next up is stocking and maintaining the beer cooler. 21st and final step is cam timing while blindfolded with one arm tied behind the back.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

Although very humble the Wazoo guys have built several engines, pulls and installs included, numerous injector plenum pulls, clutches trannys, and just about anything you can think of taking apart with few exceptions.

I'd wager that even with a break for a brew or two and pizza many hands make light work and the price of admission is a smile, a handshake, and a desired to get your hands dirty. Highly recommend it.

A Wazoo graduate is Demps who went "all in" and has one of the nicest shop in the areas. Phil is one of the most advanced engineers I know and has invested much of his time into preserving and improving his Z which is quite spectacular.

I hope to sneak a few more ponies out of the LSV. I heat cycled it a few too many times and blew a rad hose and soon after a head gasket. Should have parked it but it got hot a few times about a year ago. Fast forward, it shot some water out the $6 so it was time to tear it down. Mostly from what I learned hands on at wazoo I went solo on the engine pull and took the engine straight to Demps. We also work with Lloyd who does some quality machine work and knows his way around liners and honing and does lots of dohc ford work so he's not afraid of a few extra valves.

As to the post above. I believe Aaron Scott is back in business in Ga.

Although I haven't been up there in a while

Vette Doctors mostly doing late model stuff but know there way around an LT5

Ron has some builders in Las Vegas, of course Jerry's Gaskets in Ok City, and there are many more.

Good thread.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote