View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018   #5
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Cooler Thermostats, Thermostat Modifications and Engine RPM

Hey Cliff,

No debate here and I pretty much agree with your findings. My car started running in the mid 230s so I tried to clean out the radiator. No debris, but it had a bunch of sand in fins after some banging on it. That did not help so I replaced original radiator 31K miles on a 95 with DeWitts two core (love the fit and ease of installation) AC Delco 180 (did not drill holes) thermostat and Jerry’s silicone hoses/clamps while I was at it. Marc’s chip already installed.

To my surprise, the thermostat that came out from precious owner was a AC Delco 180 with eight 1/8” holes drilled. [emoji33]. I’ll send it to you if you want it....LOL.

In high 60s degree weather a few weeks ago, it ran in high 190s in various traffic conditions and got to 208 highest in stop and go traffic. I am very pleased and comfortable with that. I am mostly curious how it will do in the summer heat next year. You probably remember I consulted with you about this while I was gathering the parts and decided drilling holes was a no go. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 12-09-2018 at 08:18 PM.
HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote