View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017   #5
cbaclawski

Default Re: Make into Track Car, or sell along? advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
I would track the Zr-1!
I don't think a C5 zo6 is faster than your 368,and the roar of that LT-5 at WOT is addicting.
Throw some sticky tires on it and I think you will be impressed with it on the track!
Thanks, I really don't get the same excitement seeing the c5 either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demps View Post
I track a '91 & love it! I do it for love of the motor. I've learned a lot over my years but here's what's applicable here: someone will always have a faster car. Or 'faster horses, older whiskey, younger women, & more money'.

You get a few folks coming to the pits to see if it's a real ZR-1.

Ted
Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
Not sure if this affects your decision, but installing a cage isn't required. You could track it as is (with good pads, tires, etc.), without affecting the interior (to install the cage).

A nice race seat would be a big improvement. And you're right - a new, bigger radiator is probably needed.

A Lingenfelter 368 package sounds pretty special. You might be undervaluing your car.

What are your two current track cars? I sold my Spec Miata race car to buy my ZR-1. You will find the ZR-1 doesn't stop or corner near as well as a newer, smaller car, but it's nice to have more power coming out of corners (even more so in your case).
The 2 track cars are a highly modified e46 BMW(non-m), and a pretty much stock rx-8, I doubt either of them stop or corner as well as your spec miata did either, lol

As far as undervaluing the car, you may be right, but between the rebuilt title and my unwillingness to handle the transaction myself, I'm trying to be realistic.

I know I don't NEED a cage, and it already has upgraded brakes, but at the very least I'd want a good race seat and 6 pt harness. At least a track bar to attach the harnesses would be needed, and at that point I'd probably just go ahead and cage it. Someday I might want to enter a time trial event or something. I do want to maintain as much of the original character as possible though, not looking to make a full on race car.

Thank to all, I'm starting to lean pretty heavily in the "Track it!!" direction...

Curt
cbaclawski is offline   Reply With Quote