View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016   #39
Tripler

Default Re: Why I Toe/Heel-Heel/Toe

Hopefully this link works . I did just a run through video last week with the car not running . It is unedited . I hope this gives you guys and gals an idea of were your feet should roughly be when doing T/H . I give 2 examples that work . One with the side of your foot and one with your toe and center of foot on the brake . That may work for you basketball guys ...I was a little surprised as to how difficult it was when I was not in motion . It took a few moments for my brain to put everything into context as you will see in the video lol . I never did T/H while not moving before but I figured it out . Don't worry about shifting gears when you are not in motion .
After you feel comfortable with you foot placement , start the engine (handbrake on) and press the brake and see if you can blip the throttle and rev the engine . Be gentle . You do not need high revs to accomplish T/H unless you are on the track racing at much higher speeds then what we are doing here which is everyday street or highway driving .
Now head out and find a safe place and try it out . Hopefully you have already practiced gear matching on downshifts that I mentioned earlier so you should have a good idea as to what the engine will sound like for a T/H maneuver when blipping the throttle . Again , you don't need to be staring at the tachometer . It is all about feel and sound . It should all be smooth . Breaking lightly , blip throttle , downshift , and back to throttle with right foot and with left foot back to deadstop position as you see in the video . Note ! Never rest your foot on the clutch . Be close to it when about to shift but do not touch it until you are ready to shift .

And most importantly ,,,have fun !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFJSftU8eQ
Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote