View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014   #9
Dynomite

Default Re: Keep the Secondaries Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Mine, being a '90, WAS in the front driver's corner...the corner that got smushed in my little flying (or rather LANDING) episode. Gone forever now!

**Note: The 90s use a mechanical switch with all the lovely advantages (HA!) of contacts and spring tension and dirt which was replaced by a PCM latch in 91+ cars. IF the POWER switch were to open, and shut the secondaries off on a "secondary-delete" car, a serious lean condition would result, as half of the fuel would be shut off. Soooooo.... I hard-wired the dang thing so that the switch function is bypassed: NO chance of the secondaries being shut off by that switch through accident or mechanical reasons, boy-yo-boy!
You'd LOVE the throttle response with the 2nd's open all the time, I'll betcha!
Good Information on the mechanical switch....I have to check that out a bit more as my three 90's apparently have that mechanical type switch.
Oh....did I admit it.....my 91' has NO secondaries so I am with you in that regard

Can I assume when the little Dash says FULL POWER....I am good to go with Full Power and Secondaries Functional (I did notice that fiddling with the Full Power Switch turns that indication light on and off if the switch is not set just right on the 90's)?

I like the little challenge of keeping the secondaries functional on my 90's

On the 90's my Full Power Switch is NOT just for looks and as for Throttle Response....WOWZA.......on ALL 90's (Same goes for 91')

I guess there is more than one way to get rid of the Charcoal Canister on the 90's

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-19-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote