View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014   #14
c4koh

Default Re: Switched to RAM dual-disc clutch, some questions

I am not sure what the weight of the RAM Aluminum Billet flywheel is compared to the Fidanza, but in any case for sure it's lighter than the OE dual mass and pressure plate, so I imagine that there will always be some noise.

My questions were more about why I get a ticking when cold - it's a noticeable RPM-related tick-tick-tick that only happens with the clutch engaged (pedal out), and goes away 2-3 minutes into driving... it's get quieter, and quieter over a few minutes of driving, and disappears...

Seems like the noise through the ZF is just a factor of the change in mass, and nothing to be concerned about.

Slight clutch smell - is it a breaking-in phase or is it just a symptom of the new setup?

I should also have asked: in my stock application, the clutch was pretty much sealed, with the exception of the flywheel inspection cover, it was pretty airtight with the slave cylinder in place... now I have just the SS hydraulic lines, perhaps there's just less air-tightness, allowing the slight smell to escape... ??

Anyway, as I said in my first post, the clutch visibly (if I look at my inspection hole made to fix the hydraulic bearing onto the guide) engages and disengages, so other than my comments, I cannot feel / see / notice any problem...

Just learning the new setup, I suppose...
c4koh is offline   Reply With Quote