View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014   #5
Kevin

Default Re: Heart of the Beast ZR-1 cover car for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmyz View Post
Hi guys. I see that the 1994 Corvette that was used as the long lead press car for 1995 is up for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Co...3D261638040225

This is the car that was used on the book cover "Heart of the Beast". Those pictures were taken by Vette magazine editor D. Randy Riggs back in the day. The car was in at least a couple of issues of Vette back in '94.

I remember that Vette magazine ran it at Englishtown Raceway and it trapped at 116 mph. I can't remember the time...maybe 12.6?

As I write this and look up on my computer screen, I believe this is the very same car that is used in our ZR1.net screen banner. The pic at the left was taken by Motor Trend.

I hate to say it, but it is possible that GM did a little extra "magic" on this motor. They wanted this car to go out with a bang! I am making my statements from an article I also remember reading in the old LT5 registry magazine about "ol' #375". I hated to read that because I always wanted to believe that "yeah, a stock Z is capable of pulling down the numbers that Vette Magazine got that day at Englishtown".

Who knows if that was "hearsay" or if it was massaged it a little bit.

Either way, nice car and a piece of ZR-1 history.
I doubt it was massaged, don't forget the LT5's went out of production in 92...i think...there's no way they could have known what engine would have been in which car