View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014   #1
Billy Mild

Default Dead battery from a freak eletrical issue?

Last night I wanted to take the Corvette out. It has been on jackstands the past few weeks while I wait to see if leaks coolant.

I tried to hop in the corvette only to find the battery was dead. I checked the battery with a multi meter and saw only 1.5 volts. I put the battery on my 6 AMP charger. I noticed at that time the lights inside the car came on. So I turned the headlights on and off, at that time the lights inside the car went out. I left the charger on for another 30 minutes. At that time I switched to my automatic float charger to continue overnight.

This morning I went to check battery voltage. It only got up to 11.9 volts overnight. I went inside the car and the lights inside would not come on. The battery was dead it seemed. I went to flip the headlight switch the interior lights went on and the headlights worked as well.

I went to shut the door and once again the interior lights would not shut off. I tried opening both doors and closing them. Didn't make a difference. I noticed that that the SECURITY light in the gauge cluster was not flashing but was solidly lit.

I tried to use the power locks, lock and unlock. Well I ended up locking my keys in the car by accident and the SECURITY light was still lit and interior lights were on. I decided to unhook the battery and just leave it on the trickle charger.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this weird issue?
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote