View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014   #7
Z06scentair

Default Re: Flex D/A Polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanmyz View Post
I am currently borrowing a friend's Flex because my 3" Griot's Garage polisher took a dump on me.

I really like the Flex and it is probably the Cadillac of the bunch. Too bad they cost nearly $400.

Griot's has a lifetime warranty on their polishers and replaced mine without question. The 3" polisher in my mind is perfect for the smaller body panels of the Corvette. You can get different backing plates for the Flex, such as a 4" plate, which would be perfect. The negative is that you have now spent $$$ not only to buy the Flex and the standard 6" pads, but you have invested in a smaller backing plate and pads as well, which adds up to a whole lot of money invested.

My dilemma right now is whether to spend money for a Flex or also buy a 6" Griot's so I have the large and smaller one. I am only out a little over $100 bucks for the Griot's and they will replace it anytime.

The problem with the 3" GG is that they are not in my mind meant for extended use, such as detailing an entire car. They get hot quick and don't cool down. And they tend to eat their brushes like candy. At least my replacement had an extra set of brushes, something that Griot's doesn't sell individually.

I am hoping that the 6" GG isn't more of the same. Hmm, what to do?

How is the power of the flex and the noise and vibration compared to the GG?
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote