View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014   #1
BigIke

Default NEW to the club!

I'm buying a 1991 ZR1. I hated C4 Vettes when I was a kid, Dad had AMX's and all Vettes were just Tupperware 2 Seaters, with the C4 being a NEW car and new cars sucked... Then Motor Trend featured the 90' ZR1 and I read that Mag front to back countless times falling in love at 13...

At 37, the C4 is now my favorite Vette, the clamshell hood and interior just scream racecar to me and I've been looking for a while. Just went to the Vette Museum in Kentucky and I vowed to come back with a Z next year and park in the Vette parking only section!

So i found a 1991 with 56k miles for 15k. The owner agreed to sell for 14k and I'll be taking possession next week...

Is there a way to find out what number this ZR1 is? The VIN is 1G1YZ23J7M5801616, is there anyone on here that has a carfax subscription? I understand that there is an accident on the record from a 2002 post on a corvetteforum post...

Anyways, from 10 ft it is a solid 10. Up close a strong 8, weak 9. Runs and drives great! Has a high idle, will find the vacuum leak when i get it... Needs a TPS sensor and one rear shock to clear the two codes.

Enjoy the pics!

Pic of the Vette parking only... with my truck in the background, next year will be different!!!

1991 White ZRJuan #1616
Mileage: 56K Sept-14 -- 113k May-18!!!
God Damn I Love This Car!
BigIke is offline   Reply With Quote