View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014   #1
Billy Mild

Default Pulling the Plenum for the first time...

I have had the ZR1 for a few weeks now and have driven more than I thought I would over these past few weeks. The no radio hasn't bothered me that much since I have some way of listening to tunes(phone with bluetooth speaker).

I have cleaned the grounds inside the car, but I know I need to clean the grounds on the engine block and anywhere else in the engine bay. I have been told that pulling the plenum is the right of passage to owning these cars.

I'm not a noob to working on cars in general, just corvettes. I have a guy local to me who went and looked over the car with me, let me know what I should do to get the car up to snuff. Pulling the plenum is on the top of this list to me.

List of things to do:
-Replace Fuel Injectors(don't know if its ever been done, but Tech 1 showed a big difference between the 2 banks of the engine)
-Fix some vacuum lines
-Change/flush coolant
-Change PCV rubber pieces
-Change MAP sensor hose(mine is all rubber not the hard plastic line like stock)

Is there anything I am really missing when pulling the plenum? Can I get some of these vacuum lines at the local part store? That MAP sensor hose is like $45 on Jerry's gasket. He told me to make sure I book about 8 hours to do all this work.
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote