View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013   #19
WARP TEN

Default Re: Daily driving a ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cam View Post
Couple more observations. The back has plenty of room to hold suitcases for two people with 10 days' worth of stuff. My wife and I traveled to SFO a couple weeks ago and it swallowed her bags and mine without a problem. I will say lifting suitcases over the bodywork is a long reach, but that's life with a sports car. Oh and yes my ZR-1 spent 10 days in an uncovered airport parking lot. The horror!

It did point out that I really need to flush and bleed the clutch. After those 10 days, it engaged almost on the floor, coming back up after a few miles/uses.

The original hatch gas struts are pretty much useless, barely popping it up. New struts coming in from Ecklers should fix that and I understand they will open it right up just by pushing the button? That will be nice.

The wiper blades are old and crusty, so I tried to find some auto parts store specials...no go with that hood. So they are also coming from Ecklers, should make a big improvement here in the rainy south. Which reminds me. All this rain we're having has shown me I have a leak, somewhere over my left foot. I'm guessing a drainage channel somewhere is clogged.
On wiper blades, I had the same problem. Marc Haibeck gets true originals from Rock Auto. If you email him he will give you the the part number. I had it but can't find it right now. I got them and they work fine. And they were real cheap as I recall. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is online now   Reply With Quote