View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013   #6
mike100

Default Re: Daily driving a ZR-1

I used to daily drive my LT1 powered C4 and did enjoy the carefree nature of a car that wasn't going to lose a lot of value from the mileage, but my 91 ZR is a little too nice to leave outside and I have invested 50% of what I bought it for fixing it up...so there is some apprehension for driving it a lot.

The car does get driven a lot nevertheless, but I had decided some time back not to drive it to work in traffic as that was not a worthy use for the car as is the increased chance for a fender-bender.

As far as the suspension- yes, it is older chassis technology, but there are a few way to get decent improvements on performance there. I would suggest rebuilding the FX-3 shocks to be a little stiffer. You ought to be able to feel a difference on the adjustable settings. I have also found that the Doug Rippie trailing arm brackets change the rear geometry enough to limit the nose diving nature under braking. That with good tires and an alignment should pretty much get the car to what i would consider a better compromise for street driving and performance driving without having to pop for coil overs etc.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote