View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #53
VetteVet

Default Re: Anyone care to guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkreigh View Post
" Primary among them is that the MS unit does not have the capability for certain hardware control pertaining to future mods that I have planned."

do tell, please elaborate!!
Ron,

I'm looking at several mods. In order of priority, they are:

Coil on plug with elimination of the ICM (supposedly, the MS unit can handle this).

Electronic Throttle Control. The LS stuff they have now has more cross-sectional area than one of our throttle bodies even after being punched out (don't think the MS unit can handle this). This would also allow for a full implementation of the torque management that is available with these PCMs.

Mods to valve train to implement variable cam timing (don't think the MS unit can handle this). This would require moving up to a Gen IV PCM.

Dreaming about a split plenum twin electronic throttle body setup w/ one TB feeding the primary ports and one feeding the secondary ports. This would allow the benefits of the primary/secondary setup without the flow restriction of the butterflies in the secondary ports and the problematic vacuum actuated system. Also being able to control the proportion of primary/secondary airflow throughout the load range would allow for tuning of swirl throughout the range for maximum area under the torque curve.

I've got other ideas, but these are my primary goals.

Jep
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote