View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #51
XfireZ51

Default Re: Anyone care to guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Actually that pictured 24x reluctor is only a few weeks old now. It uses a less expensive CKP sensor that the 96-98 Vortec trucks use. Notice its a single coded wheel, not a double wheel like the EFIConects are. Its different than the ones that were developed back in 2007. The 2007 versions are dual wheels that are coded exactly opposite, so 1 sensor must read 2 signals simutaneously. The 1999-2000 big block 454 used in the medium duty trucks was the 1st BBC to use CNP and DNW. That reluctor costs $20 from any GM dealership, get its accompanying sensor and it can be made to work. Or when getting a crank done, get a 24x signal cut instead of the 9x. There is always a crank hub mounted version, doable but optimal, maybe not.

Not sure if I understand your issue, once you go 0411 PCM, use it for your dwell control, the tables are there, gut the LT5 ignition entirely. Then set them up for your COP coils. But I must be missing something.

Good work on your project. I have blazed some EFI trails, it can be challenging, but rewarding in the end.

No you're absolutely correct. W the 411 you would use those dwell tables. I was musing about our current 9 slot reluctor on the crank, ie just use the current crank signal, ditch the ICM and do some custom code for the stock LT-5 ECM to handle dwell. Still would need something to do the firing sequence which is also a function of the current ICM.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote