View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013   #13
emmvette

Default Re: ZR-1 set up for autocross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
I can honestly say I have never seeing this group of words put together to form this sentence. I almost couldn't read it. It was like all the letters were just jumbled together. I think 'Vote Obama" comes out of my mouth easier. Or, "Here, take my gun. I don't want it."
Ouch, I didn't mean to offend anybody; I would certainly never dream of the words "V0t@ Ob0m@" coming out of my mouth, and you see I can't even type the letters.....

The vette I drove is still for sale, so as a courtesy, I'm not going to mention it, but it was as mentioned above a "medium" mod car, top end job, upgraded chip/tune, brakes, exhaust, headers, Fiske rims, .... but it was not anywhere close to as fun to drive or as quick as the Z06 I have. It was a real disappointment for me, as I drove the better part of a day to go look at it after a lot of anticipation. As I mentioned earlier in this thread it had been heavily used and was also probably way out of tune; and needed some work. I'm also guessing that some of the mods may not have been done as well as they could have been. Anybody who reads this forum knows that not every port job was as good as it could have been.

My tendency is to like things that aren't necessarily current; I like tube stereos, LPs over CDs, old houses rather than new, and I'd love to have a C4 ZR1 to compliment my '68. The reason I bought the Z06 was after spending almost every weekend for 3 years restoring the '68 and still not being finished - I wanted a corvette I could just get in and go and not worry about fixing something. The Z06 with under 10k miles fit the bill. After making that decision a few years ago, I am realizing that I still don't drive the Z06 much and just maybe the right ZR1 will find its way into my garage one day.

Sounds like there are a number of 450-500 HP ZR-1's in Illinois. If any you live near DeKalb and would be interested in taking me for a ride sometime, let me know. I'm over this way for work every 4-6 weeks. I'd love to see how a ZR-1 in good condition runs.
emmvette is offline   Reply With Quote