View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013   #11
rhipsher

Default Re: ZR-1 set up for autocross

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmvette View Post
I appreciate the responses; all very good input!

I have driven a ZR-1, but was not impressed; I think because it had been beat on way too much for years and needed some TLC. I've ridden in another and had a blast, but didn't drive that one.

I didn't think about the extra weight over the front wheels, but realistically I'm not looking to have the quickest time; just to have a lot of fun!
I have driven more than a handful of ZR-1's that range from bone stock to ones with medium mods to full out $30k LPE stroker . Mine is what I would consider a medium mods car with ported top end, a few chip mods, open air sensor relocate, Forced air, A Spec stage 3 plus clutch kit, Fidanza flywheel, And a complete poly bushing kit. From the outside it looks fairly stock but it will walk away from a bone stalk one easily. But then there are the fully blown (I have more money than you) strokers Complete with not only all the same mods that mine has but with $30k in engine work equipped with all the best goodies like Wilwood brakes, Coilover shocks, Fiskes 335's that are blistering fast and would be a football field ahead of mine in seconds. But there are not allot of those out there. So if your looking for one that looks stock but performs better than a stock one just get a medium modified one. I don't think the bone stock ones are that impressive either but back in the day they were the bomb.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote