View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013   #22
scottfab

Default Re: LED replacement for courtesy lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
I replaced the map/Courtesy lights, doors, Console Lid, cargo and have the foot wells yet to install. I used the Corvettemods LEDs.. the White is taking some getting use to.. I will leave the rest in the interior as they are for now..
I've been slowly converting and selectively using brighter and whiter in places but NOT all places. Some places (like in the dash inticatores pointing back at you) you just don't want supper bright. One place you absolutely do is in the console lid. What a difference being able to see what you're after makes. And being the brighter white (6000k) light makes no difference into a black console. However onto a red carpet not so good. The thing about LEDs so far is that they are not wide spectrum so you cat get some unexpected and ugly results if you aren't careful. I have seen some wide spectrum LED for the home but those achieve it through the use of a combination of LED colors.

Like any new technology the costs are still steep. Look for much more reasonable product prices in 2 - 3 yrs.
$12 units will be $3 etc.
It'll follow the same curve as big flat screen TVs.
What was $1400 is now $500.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote