View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #127
LancePearson

Default Re: How old are the ZR-1 owners?

I'll turn 70 this August but then, when I was 60 I started riding a motorcycle which I just sold. With two corvettes, 76 and 91 Z, there just isn't time to keep the skill sets up and I wanted the space back. Buyer is due to pick the bike up this weekend.

I thought about road track racing on track days my 91 Z but after seeing youtubes of the modern c6 or zo6 doing that and knowing mine would get around the track in similar things I asked myself if my reflexes would have been able to keep up with it at 29, much less 69, and answered that they would not have. I did take my 76 for four 25 minute road track sessions on VIR with 17 turns on 3.27 mile road course but the Z is a whole different thing with much, much more power and speed. Things happen fast on a track with the 76 but they happen MUCH faster with the Z on a road track. Pays to understand your limitations too.

I love my ZR-1 and would love to have faster reflexes. Would have been a better tennis player way back when too...but, it is what it is.

Lance P.
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote